MARIA & MICHAEL
The previous day’s welcome was a special treat and also the perfect way to bring friends and family from all over the world together, allowing them to spend time together, reconnecting or getting to know one another before the big day. So, when the Guests arrived at St Dominic’s Catholic Church in Wynberg, they arrived in unison, talking exuberantly and evidently excited for the big day.
Inside the Church we were welcomed by the beautiful voices of the Hout Bay Ingoma Choir. Mike, who had a smile from ear to ear, stood ready for his beautiful Bride to arrive. Maria, a natural beauty arrived glowing even more than usual thanks to Danielle Jacobs! Her Father and Godfather flanked Maria before she made her way down the aisle. Exiting the church in a shower of confetti and cheers, the Couple lead their guests in convoy to the reception venue at Cape Point Vineyards.
While the Ceremony took place, we were putting the final touches to the Reception area and had transformed it into a magical garden by OKASIE and their incredible Team. Granadilla vines and masses of greenery hung above tables lined with lush arrangements and candles.
Guests were greeted at Cape Point Vineyards by great music and even better food! Slippery Spoon Kitchen had their signature Feeding Wall, Oyster and Ceviché Bar and various canapés ready and Ross and his team from amaAmbush Marimbas played, setting the warm, African tone for pre-dinner drinks on the lawn area. With the sun setting over the Noordhoek valley and Atlantic Ocean, guests caught the final moments of the sunset before making their way inside.
The evening kicked off with speeches between a perfectly planned three-course Menu put together by Johnny, Marius and the Slippery Spoon Team, ending with an impressive six-meter long Pavlova display, built in front of the guests to enjoy.
The real fun however, begun once our good friend and international DJ, DJ Didier from La French Connection, got to open the dance floor alongside a live saxophonist and djembe drummer. Guests remained on the dance floor well into the early hours…!
- Reception Venue – Cape Point Vineyards
- Ceremony – St Dominic’s Catholic Church
- Catering – Slippery Spoon Kitchen
- Bridal HMU – Danielle Jacobs
- Staffing – Urban Tonic
- Videography – White Lines Films
- Photographer – Mighty Fine Productions
- Ceremony Entertainment – Hout Bay Ingoma Choir
- Reception Entertainment – AmaAmbush Marimba and DJ Didier
- Floral and Furniture – OKASIE
- Lighting – Trilogy Lighting
- Technical – DNG Presentation Staging
- Stationery – Kirstin Simone
- Transport – Mega Coach
- Mike & Maria Welcome DinnerView Gallery
- Ant’s 50th BirthdayView Gallery
- Savannah and CameronView Gallery
- Carrie and Justin WeddingView Gallery
- Endeavor EventView Gallery
- Barbara & Mario WeddingView Gallery
- Maren’s 50th BirthdayView Gallery
- Ilse & StefanView Gallery
- Chelsea & SimonView Gallery
- Simon & SharronView Gallery
- Destination Wedding: Joana & NunoView Gallery
- Year End PicnicView Gallery
- Year End LunchView Gallery
- Breakfast & Team BuildingView Gallery
- Into The WoodsView Gallery