ANT'S 50TH BIRTHDAY
The moment we met Carrie, we were hooked! It was her enveloping chat and enthusiasm for life that made us relish our meetings at Root Bar – our new fave spot! Carrie took planning her husband Anthony’s 50th Birthday in her stride and we loved planning it alongside her.
Having selected the perfect venue for the day of family fun in the sun, the Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden played it’s part on the day and it was an absolutely perfect Summer’s Day in Stellenbosch…
Guests arrived to delicious frozen Margarita’s and gathered in the Courtyard where they received Customised Maps of the Garden detailing what was instore for them as they weaved their way through the beautiful Sculptures. The first stop was on the deck below where a fresh Watermelon Station lay in wait – and if that wasn’t refreshing enough, the selection of custom Rum Cocktails certainly cooled the hot day!
Following the sound of the African Marimba Band, as well as the smell of delicious Canapés, Guests meandered curiously to the Poplar Circle. With various Yakitori braai’s on the go as well as a Botanical Gin Bar, guests could kick back, take a seat and enjoy the surroundings for a moment or two.
The kids were in their element from the moment they arrived with The Winelands Nannies team onsite. Their day consisted of Sculpture Garden-inspired Scavenger Hunts, crafts and activities using items from the Garden.
Following their Maps to the next stop, guests arrived at The Pavilion which was set up with two long, slowly twisted Banquet tables ready for what was going to be an incredible Lunch. Beautiful summer inspired Lounge Pockets put on show on the green grass in front of the Pavilion under wooden Cabanas draped with soft flowing fabric giving just the right amount of shade from the now high sun. A trip down memory lane was given a twist with Anthony’s memories in print form for his friends and family to enjoy hanging wihtin a floral display for all to enjoy.
Johnny, Marius and the Slippery Spoon team once again outdid themselves, serving guests a Blistering Gourmet Braai Lunch. The many open fired where a sight to behold – Espetada Stations, Mussel Pots on the fire, whole Yellowtails accompanied by the most delectably salads as feasts to the table… Guests enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at leisure to the gloriously fitting sounds of Gerry Liberty and his Band.
After a day of sunshine, laughter and immense fun had by all, the kids had their final scoop of Ice Cream in their handmade Sugar Cone while guests helped themselves to the Gourmet Boerewors Braai as a night cap. What a day, what a birthday and what a family…
- Venue – Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden
- Catering – Slippery Spoon Kitchen
- Bar – Thirst Bar Services
- Sound and Technical – DNG Presentation Staging
- Staffing – Hero Event Staffing
- Photographer – Inecke Photography
- Stationery – Kirsten Simone
- Furniture and Lighting – In and Out Events
- Floral – Hilde Blum
- Entertainment – Gerry Liberty Band and African Marimba Band
- Children’s Entertainment – Winelands Nannies
- Linen – Muse Décor Hire
- Mike & Maria Welcome DinnerView Gallery
- Maria & Mike WeddingView Gallery
- Savannah and CameronView Gallery
- Carrie and Justin WeddingView Gallery
- Endeavor EventView Gallery
- Barbara & Mario WeddingView Gallery
- Maren’s 50th BirthdayView Gallery
- Ilse & StefanView Gallery
- Chelsea & SimonView Gallery
- Simon & SharronView Gallery
- Destination Wedding: Joana & NunoView Gallery
- Year End PicnicView Gallery
- Year End LunchView Gallery
- Breakfast & Team BuildingView Gallery
- Into The WoodsView Gallery